At Albert Knapp & Associates (AKA) we are dedicated to serving the community by providing quality mental health and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children and families. We are committed to serving all children in need within our resources. At AKA everyone is valued and treated with dignity and respect and individual differences are accepted. Our Mission includes developing, partnerships with consumers, so that opportunities for improved quality of life, meaningful daily activities, recovery and remission from mental illness, active participation in community life, and rewarding social interaction with others are achievable goals. We strive to create culturally sensitive, competent, and responsive services toward reaching these goals.
What We Value
- Fostering an environment of personal and professional growth, learning and accountability.
- Expecting flexibility, cooperation and adaptation to change of all staff members.
- Promoting consumer and family involvement by serving children and families within the highest standards of care.
- Promoting a client-directed, outcome-informed treatment approach that is respectful of families and supports individual and family strengths.
- Providing family interventions at the earliest point possible to strengthen the family’s ability to care for their children.
- Maintaining high standards of treatment services and ongoing program evaluation.
- Continuously improving the quality of services including professional development, education, and training.
- Working effectively in partnerships with other community providers and groups to empower and strengthen the family.